Re: [wip-cite-new] Initial implementation of `biblatex' citation process

From: Denis Maier
Subject: Re: [wip-cite-new] Initial implementation of `biblatex' citation processor
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 23:51:42 +0200

Hi,

Am 20.05.2021 um 19:06 schrieb Nicolas Goaziou:
Hello,

"Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@gmail.com> writes:

On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 9:57 AM Denis Maier <denismaier@mailbox.org> wrote:

I'm not really sure we need bare substyles at all. At least in biblatex
it's the basis for the other commands.

Though see my followup message on autocite config.

Does that change this discussion?

Why?

I put it in the form of a question, because I'm not sure, but ...

1. I wasn't sure Nicolas was aware of this config option, nor how one
would configure it currently (but it seems necessary in general)

There is `org-cite-biblatex-options' defcustom. Currently, it defaults
to nil, but you can set it to, e.g., "key=value,key2=value" if needed.
We can also change the default.

Is there a way to use styles that aren't loaded via biblatex package options, but as distinct package. E.g., biblatex-chicago is loaded as \usepackage{biblatex-chicago}. Internally, the package will then load biblatex on its own.

Denis