Re: [wip-cite-new] New natbib processor

From: Denis Maier
Subject: Re: [wip-cite-new] New natbib processor
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 09:36:17 +0200

Am 05.05.2021 um 23:25 schrieb Bruce D'Arcus:
On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 2:08 PM Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@gmail.com> wrote:

I did some basic testing, and it seems to work well in general ...

That was just looking at the citation output, of course.

Now I did the real test: would LaTeX -> PDF work.

Answer: not ATM.

Here's my minimal document:

----
[cite/text/alt:see ;@mann-68]

[cite//alt/caps:@mann-68]

[cite//full:@mann-68]

[cite//caps:@mann-68]

#+cite_export: natbib
#+bibliography: test.bib
----

... but when I run the export, I get an "undefined citation" error.

The key is correct, as is the file name, which is in the same directly
as the test file.

What am I missing?

Bruce has sent me his test files, and it turned out to be the bibstyle (humannat), which apparently isn't included in current tex distributions. Question: I can't see why this style should be used according to the minimal example Bruce has shared. Is this style added as the default style by the exporter? Or did you, Bruce, specify it somewhere?

Denis