Re: (Not so) Short note about citations in Org

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: (Not so) Short note about citations in Org
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 14:36:38 -0400

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 5:20 PM Denis Maier <denismaier@mailbox.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> great to see that there's been so much progress since this issue has
> last been discussed! Looks really impressive so far.
>
> Two comments/questions:
>
> - I think it should be possible to use some markup in prefixes and suffixes.

On this, on the other (big) wip-cite thread, Nicolas said the following:

"A drawback with allowing emphasis there is that prefix and suffix become
parsed data and not plain string anymore. As a consequence, searching
through them, e.g., when looking for locator names, requires an
additional level of indirection, since you need to first transform
parsed data back into plain text."

Nicolas: I get that you need more code to do this, but are there other
practical consequences of allowing more than plain-text?

Bruce