Re: (Not so) Short note about citations in Org

From: M . ‘quintus’ Gülker
Subject: Re: (Not so) Short note about citations in Org
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 19:47:41 +0200

Hi,

Am 22. April 2021 um 01:34 Uhr +0200 schrieb Nicolas Goaziou:
> A noteworthy difference with the last merge is that I removed the
> opportunity to add some Org syntax (emphasis, sub/superscript…) in
> prefixes or suffixes. It makes the code a bit simpler. Of course, I'm
> open to discussion about this change.

I sometimes use emphasis around citations, but since my citation
styles all use footnotes, I think there should be no problem with
this. For example, I would write something like this (I hope I got the
syntax right):

    This is a test sentence[fn:1].

    * Footnotes

    [fn:1] See e.g. [cite:@doe1993 pp. 32-35], who explicitely argues
    /against/ the suggestion made by [cite:@someone1990 p. 50].

Since the emphasis markers on the word "against" are outside the two
citations, I would expect no problem here.

> WDYT?

Thank you so much for the hard work on this feature.

  -quintus

--
Dipl.-Jur. M. Gülker | https://mg.guelker.eu |    For security:
Passau, Germany      | kontakt@guelker.eu    | () Avoid HTML e-mail