Re: (Not so) Short note about citations in Org

From: Denis Maier
Subject: Re: (Not so) Short note about citations in Org
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 23:52:36 +0200 (CEST)

Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> hat am 26.04.2021 23:11 geschrieben:

Denis Maier <denismaier@mailbox.org> writes:

No, I was not talking about having multiple input files, but about
having multiple bibliographies in the output doc.
Perhaps each filtered in some way:
#+print_bibliography: [style] [filter1]
#+print_bibliography: [style] [filter2]
Obviously, filter1 and filter2 must be defined somewhere. The use case
would be something along these lines:
- One bibliography with all the works by author X, a second
bibliography with everything else.
- One bibliography with books, the other with webpages
It is already possible to write multiple "print_bibliography" keywords
(even though some citation systems, like biblatex, do not support it,
IIUC). However their value is limited to style at the moment.
Great, so the basic functionality is there. (by the way, biblatex is the only system that really supports multiple bibliographies.)
It may be possible to send anything past the style string (i.e.,
starting after the first space) to the processor, as a sixth (!)
argument, and let it deal with it.
Ok. I've discussed this with John MacFarlane from Pandoc some time ago. IIRC, he said there are two different approaches to that problem: either do the filtering in the processor, or just let the processor return a structure that contains the necessary information and do the filtering itself in the backend.

Denis
--
Nicolas Goaziou