Re: Contributor Steward role (was Re: Concerns about community contribut

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Contributor Steward role (was Re: Concerns about community contributor support)
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 09:13:07 +0200

Hi Timothy,

thanks for your answer and your willingness to help here, much
appreciated.

Timothy <tecosaur@gmail.com> writes:

> I also think that regardless it would be good to put out a call asking
> if anyone else is interested/willing to do this: I'm going to be busy
> sometimes, a reduced workload is clearly preferable, and less should
> slip through the cracks :)

Sure.  We can certainly have two or more contributor stewards.

> I'm happy to document this, but I don't know what expectations should be
> set. I think this is a matter that should be decided by consensus among
> the current/active maintainers.

I started something here:
https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html#what-can-I-expect

Please adapt along your own commitment and expectations.

>> (4) is perhaps the most daunting task: I even think we could have
>> someone only dedicated to this very important task.  Just count the
>> number of times Nicolas says "I cannot reproduce this."  Each time,
>> there is a real bug that is *not* fixed...
>
> Mmmm, even if I say I'm willing to do this, I suspect this is something
> I'd by nature push off enough that I'd frequently forget about this 😅.

Sure -- also, this is time consuming and probably requires someone to
focus just on this.  I will raise a call for help for this.

> This is how I see this two. As I indicated at the start, I'm happy to do
> this, but I think a second person would help ensure that nobody slips
> through the cracks.

Great!  Thanks a lot.