Re: Concerns about community contributor support

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Concerns about community contributor support
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 09:22:49 +0200

Hi Nick,

Nick Savage <nick@nicksavage.ca> writes:

> On a side note, I'd like some guidance though on whether or not the
> community is interested in a refactoring project (done in pieces of
> course). I'm wondering if I should be attempting to submit minor (or
> larger) patches moving things around to make it easier to maintain, if
> there is a way to go about this (since submitting a bunch at a time,
> breaking them up, etc), certain things I should focus on or ignore,
> etc. I haven't done much since that mostly because work has consumed
> my free time, but I'm going to have a significant amount more free
> time starting in the next week or so, so I'm looking for somewhere to
> direct my energies!

The way to go for structural changes is to work on them in a separate
branch of yours, then discuss the change on the list by suggesting to
test your branch.  Once the branch is stable enough, you can submit it
as a patch or a list of patches.

See https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html#org4a93bd0 and let
us know if that's clear enough - otherwise please enhance this page.

Thanks!