Is it possible to #+include: src blocks and tangle them too?

From: Ramachandran Lakshmanan
Subject: Is it possible to #+include: src blocks and tangle them too?
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 16:35:08 +0100

I have been wanting to include a number of small Common Lisp snippets in individual files which I then include into a "master" .org file using:

#+include: "snippet.org" src lisp

Within snippet.org I have a src block such as:

#+NAME: hello_test
#+BEGIN_SRC lisp :tangle yes
(defun hello () :hello)
#+END_SRC

Ideally I would like to have some specific comments that will be part of the Literate Program I would develop from these individual files.

However, it seems as though tangling doesn't work.  Export does.

I read somewhere that this is not possible in orgmode.  Is this true?  And if not, can you point me to the right documentation?

Many thanks.

Rama Lakshmanan