Re: Tips on maintaining history in Org Mode

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: Tips on maintaining history in Org Mode
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 15:13:42 -0700

Hi Ihor,

it never occurred to me that bulk archiving could be sped up by
changing anything about the archive files.  i assumed that archiving
worked by appending to those files, so once the initial find-file was
performed, there should be no additional slowness.

yet i tried a new file with no archive file, and bulk archiving took
less than a second for 9 entries.  before it would take idk a minute.

i will keep in mind disabling font lock in archive files.  any
suggested code for that?  your config is impressively [and for me
dauntingly] comprehensive.  the Archiving anchor does not seem to have
a referent.  I searched for archiving, but didn't seem to find what
you were probably pointing me to.

thanks.