Re: Tips on maintaining history in Org Mode

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Tips on maintaining history in Org Mode
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 09:37:39 +0000

My approach is simple.  For TODO items, I archive to separate file when
done.  That file is easily searchable, e.g. using C-c /.

I keep both the original file and the archive file under revision
control, just in case.

> The issue (I think) is, when you mark the TODO as DONE, you lose the
> info of what the TODO was originally.

What info is lost?  In fact, if you log state changes, all the
information is there.

By the way, if you have recurring items, one package that you might find
useful is org-recur which is on ELPA.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4.4-231-gf46925