Re: Google SoC organisation application

From: TEC
Subject: Re: Google SoC organisation application
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 19:50:53 +0800

Jose E. Marchesi <jemarch@gnu.org> writes:

>> Google's SoC organisation applications are currently open, and close on
>> <2020-02-20>. I know that Org participated once, in 2012.
>>
>> Would it be a good idea to submit an application to do so again?
>> With the rise in interest in computational notebooks, blogging tools,
>> and other features that Org possesses I'd imagine we have a decent shot.
>>
>> If so, we have just over two weeks to do so.
>
> Note that, as always, the GNU Project will be applying as a mentoring
> organization [1] [2].

That's nice, I don't see Org listed under
https://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2020.html but good to
know (particularly for any SoC eligible people reading this ML) :)

If nothing else, I think it could be worth applying separately for the
extra recognition, and perhaps Google might approve more applications
when Org and GNU are both listed? I don't really know how this works in
depth though.

--
Timothy