Re: Google SoC organisation application

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: Google SoC organisation application
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 12:34:35 +0100

> Google's SoC organisation applications are currently open, and close on
> <2020-02-20>. I know that Org participated once, in 2012.
>
> Would it be a good idea to submit an application to do so again?
> With the rise in interest in computational notebooks, blogging tools,
> and other features that Org possesses I'd imagine we have a decent shot.
>
> If so, we have just over two weeks to do so.

Note that, as always, the GNU Project will be applying as a mentoring
organization [1] [2].

This means that, in case org-mode doesn't apply or doesn't get admitted
as a mentoring organization (and of course assuming GNU is accepted)
org-related projects can still be done under the overall GNU umbrella.

Salud!

[1] http://www.gnu.org/s/soc-projects
[2] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/summer-of-code/