Re: Bring up a screen giving option to open a series of orgmode files

From: Maxim Nikulin
Subject: Re: Bring up a screen giving option to open a series of orgmode files
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2020 22:03:03 +0700

2020-12-09 Jean Louis wrote:
* Maxim Nikulin [2020-12-02 19:49]:

Personally I am considering something like (not ready to use, just quick and
dirty proof of concept)

That is great and now I came to it. Please send me your .xpdfrc
settings.

bind ctrl-o any endSelection "run(pdfcapture '%f' '%p' '%x' '%y' '%X' '%Y' '%u')"

Certainly named options should be added to the script besides obtaining of actual page height. I have not checked if the script is resistant in respect to specially crafted file names and other such things. Do not know if terminal control sequences could appear in selection. Xpdf has known problems with handling of text encodings.

#!/bin/bash
set -e
set -o pipefail

getmeta() {
        # FIXME obtain page height using pdfinfo
        page_height=792
                pdftotext -layout -f "$page" -l "$page" \
                        -x "$sel_x" -y "$((page_height - sel_Y))" -W
"$((sel_X-sel_x))" -H
                                                         ^^^^^sel_y