Re: Bring up a screen giving option to open a series of orgmode files

From: Maxim Nikulin
Subject: Re: Bring up a screen giving option to open a series of orgmode files
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2020 23:49:08 +0700

2020-12-09 Jean Louis wrote:
* Maxim Nikulin [2020-12-09 18:04]:
bind ctrl-o any endSelection "run(pdfcapture '%f' '%p' '%x' '%y' '%X' '%Y'
'%u')"

Thank you, I just do not see where the file is writing it to? You may
see the screenshot attached, I am somebody who has thousands of
finel granular PDF references. When you already made it, let me have it.

In my variant last line of script calls `xsel -b` to copy the note to clipboard. I have not tried to use emacs-client to invoke org-capture.

The following capture template pulls the note from clipboard without intermediate file:

"* %(org-get-x-clipboard 'CLIPBOARD)
"

#!/bin/bash
set -e
set -o pipefail

getmeta() {
        # FIXME obtain page height using pdfinfo
        page_height=792
                pdftotext -layout -f "$page" -l "$page" \
                        -x "$sel_x" -y "$((page_height - sel_Y))" -W
"$((sel_X-sel_x))" -H
                                                          ^^^^^sel_y