Re: Website revamp?

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: Website revamp?
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2020 08:01:20 +0100

Dear Timothy,

------------- Snip --------------------------

    > Of course we don't exactly have any hard answers to these
    > questions, but I'd wager the answer is enough to warrant a little
    > bit of effort to make the mobile experience not-garbage. To see
    > how orgmode.org currently appears, see
    > https://i.imgur.com/XPFfBaB.png

It seems to have the usual vertical monotone blocks, commonly seen in
mobile sites. These may be necessary for the small screen but represent
to me a retrograde development in web-site design. Of course, my
criticism is unimportant since you are doing the hard work - not me.

Would it be possible to have two sites: one for display on a desktop and
another for mobile use? Perhaps not.

Good luck.

Colin Baxter

--