Re: [Announcement] lsp-mode integration with org-mode

From: Ivan Yonchovski
Subject: Re: [Announcement] lsp-mode integration with org-mode
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2020 14:30:30 +0300

Hi TEC,

TEC writes:

> That sounds great! Just to check, in the demo you have :tangle "demo2.cpp",
> this would also work with :tangle yes, yes?

lsp-mode will need actual file path to work. I am not sure what "yes"
will mean in this context. Generaly, we could plug a mechanism to
interactively pick the file name (which is what we are going to do for
markdown-mode) but still lsp-mode will expect org-babel-tangle to export
to that file(or we should have replacement for that mechanism).

> One question --- does this also work in the minibuffers? At the moment I have
> hack in my config
> (https://tecosaur.github.io/emacs-config/config.html#lsp-support-src) to
> provide
> this functionality, but it doesn't use the context of the entire file, which
> would be a nice improvement.

Can you give me an example of that usecase? Generally, we have
introduced "virtual-buffer" abstraction so technically we could
implement running language server over anything. E. g. one could select
random text block and run a language server over it.

Thanks,
Ivan