Re: [Announcement] lsp-mode integration with org-mode

From: TEC
Subject: Re: [Announcement] lsp-mode integration with org-mode
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2020 21:53:47 +0800

Ivan Yonchovski <yyoncho@gmail.com> writes:

>> That sounds great! Just to check, in the demo you have :tangle “demo2.cpp”,
>> this would also work with :tangle yes, yes?
>
> lsp-mode will need actual file path to work. I am not sure what “yes”
> will mean in this context.

This is fairly simple, it means inherit the file name, and apply the relevant
extension. For example a python block in demo.org with :tangle yes exports to
demo.py.
>> One question — does this also work in the minibuffers? At the moment I have a
>> hack in my config
>> (https://tecosaur.github.io/emacs-config/config.html#lsp-support-src) to provide
>> this functionality, but it doesn’t use the context of the entire file, which
>> would be a nice improvement.
>
> Can you give me an example of that usecase? Generally, we have
> introduced “virtual-buffer” abstraction so technically we could
> implement running language server over anything. E. g. one could select
> random text block and run a language server over it.

This is what pops up when you call org-edit-special (C-c ’). It’s nice because
it changes the major mode, and has better font-lock performance.

Hopefully that helps,

Timothy.