Re: Possible fix for :includes header argument in org-babel C source blo

From: Kévin Le Gouguec
Subject: Re: Possible fix for :includes header argument in org-babel C source blocks
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 10:25:12 +0200

Kyle Meyer <kyle@kyleam.com> writes:

> I think this discussion was on emacs-devel only, so here are some links
> for others who might go looking for more context:
>
>   https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-04/msg01880.html
>   https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-05/msg03051.html

(Thanks, I should have thought to add some context before forwarding.)

>> I guess there might be some people out there who will expect things to
>> keep working without double-quotes?  I have never used Babel, so I have
>> no idea…
>
> I don't know either, but the test does make me think so.  Hopefully
> Brandon, Bastien, or someone else will chime in if that's not the case.

My opinion should only carry so much weight since I don't use Babel, but
from a quick reading of the sources, I couldn't find other examples of
this (symbol → string) coercion.  The only other instances of
lists-of-strings I could find in testing/examples were

> :var a='("abc" "def")

That leads me to believe that the coercion was an unintended side-effect
of (format …).

Of course, backward compatibility alone would mandate keeping the
coercion.

> Could you send the first patch with a commit message tacked on?

Will do ASAP.

BTW, does the change from 44cb98fdb deserve an ORG-NEWS entry?