Re: (Feature Request) add more entry points to configure some export fun

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: (Feature Request) add more entry points to configure some export functionality
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 15:17:09 +0200

Timothy <address@hidden> writes:

As a side note, I think sending plain text messages, instead of HTML, is
better, at least on a (this?) mailing list.

> Indeed. Though my 2c on this sort of thing that the most important
> factor is consistency. IMO if org-html-checkbox-types exists, then an
> equivalent should also exist for other primary/default export
> backends.

This argument doesn't scale. There's no guarantee an equivalent is
meaningful in every export back end. E.g., what is the HTML equivalent
for `org-latex-classes', or `org-latex-default-table-environment'?

In any case, if a "consistency patrol" wants to look into export back
ends and handle "fixable" inconsistencies, why not. I assume this
requires a good knowledge in every output format so as to make sure this
is consistent everywhere.