Re: (Feature Request) add more entry points to configure some export fun

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: (Feature Request) add more entry points to configure some export functionality
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 21:23:36 +0800

> As a side note, I think sending plain text messages, instead of HTML,
> is better, at least on a (this?) mailing list.
Good news on that front --- I didn't think my mail client did that, turns
out that it does :)

> This argument doesn't scale. There's no guarantee an equivalent is
> meaningful in every export back end. E.g., what is the HTML equivalent
> for `org-latex-classes', or `org-latex-default-table-environment'?

Oh nothing like this should be applied blindly, it just seems /somewhat/
sensible to me that if the same feature exists in two commonly used export
backends, that you'd want to either be able to configure it in both or
neither ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

> In any case, if a "consistency patrol" wants to look into export back
> ends and handle "fixable" inconsistencies, why not. I assume this
> requires a good knowledge in every output format so as to make sure this
> is consistent everywhere.

I like consistancy, but not enough to sign up for that :P

Timothy.