Re: (Feature Request) add more entry points to configure some export fun

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: (Feature Request) add more entry points to configure some export functionality
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 20:50:04 +0800

Nicolas,

> You asked for it, though, using `pp'.
I guess I did, didn't I đŸ˜…

> is just a string, with properties attached. If you simply return `text', you will only see "string"
Good to know, thanks :)

>> I still feel that it would be nicer to have the body of this cl-case (from org-latex-item) be a variable
> Maybe. OTOH, Org has already so many variables…
Indeed. Though my 2c on this sort of thing that the most important factor is consistency. IMO if org-html-checkbox-types exists, then an equivalent should also exist for other primary/default export backends.

> I don't know HTML enough to help you. You may want to look into headline and section filters.
Looks like this can do it for me! I still prefer doing this at-generation, but I'll take this too.

Seems to be working :) https://tecosaur.github.io/emacs-config/config.html#header-anchors

Timothy
On May 19 2020, at 5:29 pm, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Timothy writes: > Once again, thanks for taking the time to respond. I can assure you > that it's much appreciated :) You're welcome. > By item filter, I assume you are referring to org-export-filter-item-functions. That looks quite promising. I just tried a minimal function to testit > (defun tec/org-export-latex-fancy-item-checkboxes (text backend info) > (pp text) > "") > However, I must admit I find myself somewhat overwhelmed by the > output: You asked for it, though, using `pp'. #("string" X Y (properties)) is just a string, with properties attached. If you simply return `text', you will only see "string" > I've tried applying a simple regex replace, which produces > a satisfactory output though, so perhaps I'll just ignore all the > 'extra stuff' above. Exactly. The "extra stuff" is there for more advanced uses, when you need information about the surrounding of the string you are going to change. > * > I still feel that it would be nicer to have the body of this cl-case (from org-latex-item) be a variable, but I'm quite happy to have a working solution! > (checkbox (cl-case (org-element-property :checkbox item) > (on "$\\boxtimes$") > (off "$\\square$") > (trans "$\\boxminus$"))) Maybe. OTOH, Org has already so many variables… > Lastly, might you be able to shed any light on the feasibility of my desire to adjust the generation of HTML headers? I'm specifically looking to insert an element like this within the ... block:m > aria-hidden="true" href="">(Link Icon) I don't know HTML enough to help you. You may want to look into headline and section filters.