Re: Bug - all org files open as if visibilty is set to "showeverything"

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: Bug - all org files open as if visibilty is set to "showeverything"
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 20:29:52 -0400

Charles Millar <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> In the last two or three days, all my org files open as if I have set
> the visibility in every file to
>
> #+STARTUP: showeverything
>
> Org mode version 9.3.6 (release_9.3.6-619-g434940 @
> /usr/local/share/org-mode/lisp/)
> GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 123, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.20,
> cairo version 1.16.0) of 2020-05-13
>
> As far as I recall, I have not changed any settings in my init or elsewhere.
>
> Charlie Millar

That is correct. It's been discussed in the list and Nicolas announced that it's
been merged into master on Tuesday. Look for the thread entitled

   [RFC] Change default value for `org-startup-folded'?

It can also be found at
<http://lists.gnu.org/r/emacs-orgmode/2020-04/msg00452.html>

C-h v org-startup-folded RET

You can get the previous default by setting it to t in your init file.

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler