Re: Bug - all org files open as if visibilty is set to "showeverything"

From: Charles Millar
Subject: Re: Bug - all org files open as if visibilty is set to "showeverything"
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 14:19:49 -0400

On 5/13/20 1:58 PM, Josiah Schwab wrote:
As far as I recall, I have not changed any settings in my init or elsewhere.

The default was changed.  See

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2020-04/msg00452.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2020-05/msg00201.html

Josiah

Thank you.

I recall seeing these messages, but did not realize that this change was going to effect all org files and by default, use lots and lots of space when an org file is opened.

As dar as I am concerned,the past default was OK and it took only a brief time to learn the past behavior and the visibility settings on a per file basis.

I may be only a user but if I had I would have voted no.

Charlie Millar