Re: :tangle header argument not picked up in #+PROPERTY line or :PROPERT

From: Berry, Charles
Subject: Re: :tangle header argument not picked up in #+PROPERTY line or :PROPERTIES: block
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 17:45:28 +0000

> On Mar 28, 2020, at 3:00 PM, Joost Kremers <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi list,
>
> I'm having trouble tangling an Org file. Basically, if I put a =:tangle=
> header argument in a =#+PROPERTY= line at the top of the file or in a
> =:PROPERTIES:= block under a header, it is not picked up and the code blocks
> to which (I think) it should apply are not tangled. Only when I put a
> =:tangle= argument at the top of the source block itself is the source block
> tangled.
>
> Is this expected behaviour? Am I doing something wrong?

IIUC what you did, then yes and yes.

This is the accepted idiom:

#+PROPERTY: header-args :tangle yes

Remember that if you add or change that line you need to update with C-c C-c or
`org-mode-restart'.

Maybe you omitted the `header-args'. That used to be correct syntax but was
obsoleted some time back.

See (info "(org) Using Header Arguments")

HTH,

Chuck