Re: :tangle header argument not picked up in #+PROPERTY line or :PROPERT

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: :tangle header argument not picked up in #+PROPERTY line or :PROPERTIES: block
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 08:14:04 -0700

Yes I'm sure. From the link Thomas sent,

Any property specification, unless it is postfixed with a `+`, will *reset* the value of that property to its current value.

C-c C-v <TAB> (for me, Charles uses C-c C-v C-i) withitn a code block shows you the header args that are set for that block. Useful for debugging.

  -k.

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 3:24 PM Joost Kremers <address@hidden> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 30 2020, Ken Mankoff wrote:
> Header args overwrite. Change python to python+ to append header
> args.

Are you sure? That's not documented anywhere I can find and it
seems to be belied by the fact that if I put the headers in the
order:

```
:PROPERTIES:
:header-args:python: :tangle out1.py
:header-args:python: :session py1 :results function
:END:
```

everything works as I would expect (the code blocks are tangled to
a file `out1.py` *and* they are evaluated in a python session
`py1`), meaning that *all* header args are picked up.

If I reverse the order and add a `+` sign, like so:

```
:PROPERTIES:
:header-args:python+: :session py1 :results function
:header-args:python+: :tangle out1.py
:END:
```

the code does indeed get tangled, but the `:results` header arg
isn't picked up, because the code block doesn't produce any
output.

For reference, this is my test file:

```
* Header 1
:PROPERTIES:
:header-args:python+: :session py1 :results function
:header-args:python+: :tangle out1.py
:END:

#+begin_src python
a=1