Re: Automatic Capture of Heading Creation Time In Certain Files?

From: Tim Visher
Subject: Re: Automatic Capture of Heading Creation Time In Certain Files?
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 09:53:54 -0400

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 11:38 PM <address@hidden> wrote:
>I would like to automatically have the results of a double prefixed call to
>`org-time-stamp-inactive` inserted as the body of new TODO entries.

Have you tried including %U in your template? See "Template expansion"
in the Org Mode documentation:

("t" "Full task capture" entry (file+headline "~/org/tasks.org"
         "INBOX") "* TODO %?\n%iAdded: %U")

I have not although maybe this will be the impetus for me finally trying to figure out the capture system. At least I know it's intended for this use case. I also imagine some form of advice around heading insertion could work.

>https://five.sentenc.es

Heads up, the ssl on https://five.sentenc.es/ is broken.

Thank you. I've corrected it to `http` since I don't think there's any reason to browse it using SSL.