Automatic Capture of Heading Creation Time In Certain Files?

From: Tim Visher
Subject: Automatic Capture of Heading Creation Time In Certain Files?
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 09:25:14 -0400

Ohai,

I would like to automatically have the results of a double prefixed call to `org-time-stamp-inactive` inserted as the body of new TODO entries. I suspect I can do this with Capture templates but every time I read that manual section it seems to have a lot more than I want. I'm also reasonably sure I could write a simple function and override bindings such that all of the default behaviors of TODO insertion happened _plus_ newline-and-indent, newline-and-indent, double prefix org-time-stamp-inactive, previous-line, previous-line.

Am I missing something here or barking up the wrong tree in either direction?

Thanks in advance!

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.