Re: Org 9.2 not inhibiting electric-pair-mode in the beginning of lines?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: Org 9.2 not inhibiting electric-pair-mode in the beginning of lines?
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 16:17:00 -0400

"Fraga, Eric" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tuesday, 29 Oct 2019 at 16:50, Vladimir Nikishkin wrote:
>> I think, these are two different mechanisms. C-c C-, works as expected.
>> The "<" mechanism comes from org-tempo, and is faster, because you
>> don't have to choose anything.
>
> I don't know anything about org-tempo but, just to be clear, the old <
> at beginning of line mechanism that was available, by default, in org
> 8.x is no longer available.  It was replaced by C-c C-,.

Not quite: there is still an emulation of the old mechanism if you

(require 'org-tempo)

which Vladimir probably does. That modifies the following hook:

,----
| org-tab-before-tab-emulation-hook is a variable defined in ‘org.el’.
| Its value is (org-tempo-complete-tag)
`----

The hook is run close to the end of org-cycle (which is bound to TAB). So
when you type

<sTAB

org-cycle runs through all the possibilities, fails on all of them, runs
the hook and org-tempo-complete-tag is evaluated, which expands the <s.

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler