[O] Inject value of macro into code using a variable

From: wlharvey4
Subject: [O] Inject value of macro into code using a variable
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 09:37:18 -0700

Is it possible to inject the value of a macro into code using a variable?

I set a macro called ‘version’ with a version number at the top of my .org
file.  I would like to do something like this:

#+macro:version Version 0.2.5

#+name:code-name
#+begin_src js :tangle some-file.js :var ver={{{version}}} :exports both
:results output
const version = ver;
#+end_src

When this code is evaluated during export, there is an error:

org-babel-ref-resolve: Reference ‘{{{version}}}’ not found in this buffer

Regards,
Wesley