Re: [O] export to odt with LaTeX math formulae and tables

From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset
Subject: Re: [O] export to odt with LaTeX math formulae and tables
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 22:07:21 +0200

Hello John, hello everybody,

This  is just  a reminder  for the problem  that remains  to solve  with
ox-word.el, as you requested to send it  to you, few hours ago. In fact,
on this page:

[[http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu/blog/2017/04/15/A-new-org-mode-exporter-to-Word-for-scimax/]]
you said correctly:

#+BEGIN_QUOTE
The  references  are reasonably  formatted,  but  not compatible  with
Endnote, or other bibliography manager  software. There are still some
issues with Figure  numbering and cross-references, but it  is not too
bad. The  main benefit of this  seems to be that  one source generates
HTML and the Word document.
#+END_QUOTE

That is true.  Your code works smoothly to export  the bibliography in
docx. But  it fails to reproduce  the convenient system of  labels and
reference with numbering  translation in LaTeX: in  the docx document,
equations have no more numbers (neither letters) to identify them, and
labels  in  format [label-foo]  refer  therefore  to nothing.  (I  have
adopted a  solution in  making tables,  but it is  not a  valuable one
because it is only a way of solving this problem and this works poorly
only for my docx document, not for an export in LateX.)

Anyway, again, many thanks for scimax  and for this ox-word.el.  (As I
told  you, I  succeeded to  install pandoc-crossref  - only  in a  new
Debian sid for the  occasion on my computer, but I  did not succeed to
use it.)

 Best wishes,
--
Jo.