Re: [O] [RFC] Remove Org Struct mode

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Remove Org Struct mode
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 12:47:11 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for bringing this up.

> I would like to remove Org Struct minor mode from Org code base. Here is
> the rationale:

Ugh, I use it in init.el and for emails, but it doesn’t work great in
message-mode anyway.  I miss list handling.  Supposedly, you can get Emacs
to handle lists, but I never got it working.

I have looked at the org-struct code at some occasions, and it looks like
voodoo.  As such, I support the removal of org-struct.

I would like to see a minor-mode for handling lists as well (for emails
and plainer text than Org).  While it sounds like an interesting task to
look into simplifying the relevant parts of org-list.el, I don’t think I
will be able to find the time to do this.

I also would like to see a minor-mode for Org-like cycling when using
outline-minor-mode, as I use this feature in init.el.

Regards,
Rasmus

--
When in doubt, do it!