Re: [O] "header-args :eval inline-only" not working

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] "header-args :eval inline-only" not working
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 12:21:40 +0200

Hello,

Vikas Rawal <address@hidden> writes:

> I am on the latest version on org mode ELPA. It is dated August 18,
> 2017, so should include the commit you mention.

`org-export-use-babel' is from "master" branch. ELPA provides "maint".

> But this would prevent exporting all code blocks including inline blocks.
>
> Isn’t it?
>
> There seems no way of separately controlling inline and other blocks.

There is. You put :eval never-export on all src blocks and :eval t on
inline code. Note, however, that inline code might call indirectly src
blocks, so this can lead to odd situations.

What you are missing, probably, is some way to set this globally. Alas,
`org-export-use-babel' or `org-export-babel-evaluate' is not the answer.
As suggested in the thread you mentioned earlier, we might as well get
rid of `org-export-use-babel' altogether. It seems to confuse many users
and isn't very useful.

WDYT?

Regards,

--