Re: [O] Slides with columns export problem

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Slides with columns export problem
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 12:13:28 +0200

Hello,

Stéphane Genaud <address@hidden> writes:

> I think these kind of incompatibilities should be documented, it drove
> me crazy many hours since of course the pdflatex error messages are
> totally useless to find out.

Quoting the manual

     Also, a headline with an ‘ignoreheading’ environment will have its
     contents only inserted in the output.  This special value is useful
     to have data between frames, or to properly close a ‘column’
     environment.

    [...]

       Moreover, headlines handle the ‘BEAMER_COL’ property.  Its value
    should be a decimal number representing the width of the column as a
    fraction of the total text width.  If the headline has no specific
    environment, its title will be ignored and its contents will fill the
    column created.

so there is no incentive to use "ignoreheading" in conjunction with
BEAMER_COL property.

Of course, if you see an improvement on the wording, suggestions are
welcome.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou                                                0x80A93738