Re: [O] Deleting org table columns during export (Was: [RFC] Shrink colu

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] Deleting org table columns during export (Was: [RFC] Shrink columns dynamically)
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 18:43:58 +0200

Hi Kaushal

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 1:18 PM, Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017, 2:19 AM Michael Brand <address@hidden>
> wrote:

>> Also I hope that you can build in complete removal of columns for
>> export similar to as discussed around here:
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2016-04/msg00672.html

> - If I understand correctly, Michael, you need to send a git
>   formatted patch of your proposal with documentation included?

No, I just hacked (summarized from the old thread)

  (add-hook 'org-export-before-processing-hook
            #'f-ox-filter-table-column-del)
  (defun f-ox-filter-table-column-del (back-end)
    (while (re-search-forward "^[ \t]*|\\(.*|\\)? *\\(<#>\\) *|" nil t)
      (goto-char (match-beginning 2))
      (org-table-delete-column)
      (beginning-of-line)))

in my config file to use with | <#> |. For all the tasks discussed in
the old thread I did not more than discuss. From my side there exists
nothing that can be made ready to be committed.

Michael