Re: [O] [RFC] Shrink columns dynamically

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Shrink columns dynamically
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 18:40:46 +0200

Hi Nicolas

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 1:47 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:

> Michael Brand <address@hidden> writes:

>> Also I hope that you can build in complete removal of columns for
>> export similar to as discussed around here:
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2016-04/msg00672.html

> Besides, was I supposed to implement it?

No.

> I cannot access the page right
> now, but IIRC, you suggested the idea, with a proof of concept. Then, we
> eventually ended up on some specifications.

Yes. To summarize the old thread, this is what I have since then in my
config file to use with | <#> |:

  (add-hook 'org-export-before-processing-hook
            #'f-ox-filter-table-column-del)
  (defun f-ox-filter-table-column-del (back-end)
    (while (re-search-forward "^[ \t]*|\\(.*|\\)? *\\(<#>\\) *|" nil t)
      (goto-char (match-beginning 2))
      (org-table-delete-column)
      (beginning-of-line)))

> I thought you would resume the work.

On my list it is still in someday/maybe, not likely to change. The
"problem" is that the above code is already enough.

Quoting from the old thread:

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 10:56 PM, Michael Brand
<address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 9:14 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Does anyone feel like doing that?

> Let me see. If anyone wants to beat me please go ahead.

Michael