[O] HTML export for math markup

From: Lawrence Bottorff
Subject: [O] HTML export for math markup
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 10:28:24 -0500

I've got an org file with Latex math markup, e.g. $x_2/y^3$. When I export this to HTML, it produces png files for each markup and puts them in a subfolder ltximg. Is there any way to skip this translating to pictures and just use MathJax directly. I've seen this, but my setup seems to be defaulted to png picture production, not direct MathJax rendering via "http://cdn.mathjax.org/mathjax/latest/MathJax.js?config=TeX-AMS_HTML. I understand that what's happening is this, but that's not MathJax. What am I doing (thinking) wrong?

LB