Re: [O] DEADLINE: position in entry

From: Marco Wahl
Subject: Re: [O] DEADLINE: position in entry
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2016 15:20:26 +0100

Hi!

Alan Tyree <address@hidden> writes:

> Is this the way it should be? The first DEADLINE: shows up both as a
> warning and on the due date in the agenda, but the second one does not. It
> only works for me if the DEADLINE: is the first line after the heading.
> Version 9, emacs 24
>
> *** test 1
> DEADLINE: <2016-11-19 Sat>
>
> *** test 2
>
> DEADLINE: <2016-11-19 Sat>
>

> Thanks,
> Alan

Currently

    http://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-syntax.html

says:

     A planning is an element with the following pattern:

    HEADLINE
    PLANNING

(and DEADLINE is e.g. a PLANNING)

    In particular, no blank line is allowed between PLANNING and HEADLINE.

So your example 'test 2' does not have a DEADLINE according to the
org-syntax document.

Ciao,
--
Marco