Re: [O] orgmode and a database

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [O] orgmode and a database
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 16:37:51 +0000

>>> "Jose" == Jose E Marchesi <address@hidden> writes:

   >> I have been using recutils with orgmode for more than year - still
   >> learning of course. So far, my experience has been fine. I am still
   >> developing some sort of standard databases, e.g. one for contacts,
   >> another for finance type of records, etc.

   >     Do you have some example or a pointer or so. I don't know even how to
   >     start.

   > AFAIK you can read data from a recfile and generate org-mode tables
   > dynamically in at least two ways:

   > 1) Using ob-rec.el (part of recutils)

   >    #+begin_src rec :data mydata.rec :type milestone :fields ProjectID,Name
   >      Year == 2014
   >    #+end_src

Thanks. Could you please send me the mydate file otherwise that will not
work (and I don't know enough recfiles syntax to cook up my own.

   > 2) Using babel and sh blocks (I found this example in [1])
   >    ):

   >    #+begin_src sh :exports results :results output replace :results value
table
   >      recsel -t milestone -e "Year == 2014"  -p 'ProjectID,Name'
milestones.rec | rec2csv
   >    #+end_src

That is odd, since I obtain an error which I attach: of  course I have
sh installed on my system

Which sh

/bin/sh

   > The recutils manual is available at the recutils webpage [2].

thanks

Uwe

https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/1u52eu/can_people_share_their_orgmode_workflows/