Re: [O] bug in org-habits

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] bug in org-habits
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 17:31:19 +0100

Hello,

Stelian Iancu <address@hidden> writes:

> I have an org file with calendar appointments. I also have attachments
> to the appointments. The attachment appears in a PROPERTIES drawer.
>
> Now if I have the timestamp (plain one) before the drawer, I cannot
> open the attachment. Pressing C-c C-a o just inserts another
> PROPERTIES drawer (with another ID) above the timestamp.
>
> If, however, I move the timestamp after the PROPERTIES drawer, I can
> successfully open the attachment and the second drawer doesn't appear.
>
> Also, when the second drawer appears, a new empty folder is created in
> the data directory of my org directory.
>
> IMHO this is a bug, as at the moment I have to have the timestamp
> after the drawer.

This is not a bug. The order is HEADLINE (SCHEDULED PROPERTIES).

If you insert a timestamp between SCHEDULED and PROPERTIES, the latter
is no longer recognized as a PROPERTIES DRAWER (it becomes, in fact,
a regular drawer which happens to be named "PROPERTIES") and you lose
any information attached to it.

You can get this information back by putting the PROPERTIES drawer (the
special one) at its expected location.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou