Re: [O] bug in org-habits

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] bug in org-habits
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 21:52:47 +0100

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

> Since it scales for my use case, can I please have a customization variable to
> relax this restriction?

I'd rather not have syntax too much customizable, for portability, ease
of maintenance, too. There are already too many mistakes in that area.

Also, please note that previous behaviour didn't handle some
pathological cases (e.g., property drawer in a comment block, or past an
inlinetask). Fixing that properly, i.e. parsing the section all the way
down to the drawer, would probably have had an impact in your use case.

The current behaviour is technically much more reliable.

> I prefer PROPERTIES drawers at the end, and would prefer not to trade
> something I want for something that doesn't affect me.

If you need to end your entry with a drawer, couldn't you put any of
them there? You can even have one there named "PROPERTIES".

Regards,