Re: [O] Automatically encrypt on save, decrypt on open?

From: Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo
Subject: Re: [O] Automatically encrypt on save, decrypt on open?
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 13:54:59 -0400

Peter Davis writes:

I'd like to store information in an org page that gets automatically encrypted when I save it, and decrypted when I open it. Is there some built-in functionality or hooks for this?

You could save the file as .gpg, and put as its first line

# -*- mode: org-mode -*-

By the way if you want to store passwords, take a look at org-passwords in /contrib

Best,
--
Jorge.