Re: [O] re-search-forward hang in org-link-search

From: Pip Cet
Subject: Re: [O] re-search-forward hang in org-link-search
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 16:55:34 +0000

Hi Nicolas,

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 11:37 PM, Nicolas Goaziou
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Pip Cet <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Can you try this patch? That appears to fix the issue here, at least
>> for this one file, at the cost of yet another shy group added to the
>> regular expression.
>
> Thanks for the patch.
>
> Would you mind providing a proper commit message and send it again using
> "git format-patch"?

Of course, here we go. Please let me know if there's anything wrong
with it still. (I don't think gmail copy-and-paste preserves tabs, so
this is sent as an attachment. Is that okay, for future reference?)

It would be great if README_contribute could be updated no longer to
refer to ChangeLog files, and instead refer to the Emacs CONTRIBUTE
file (it would also be great if the special git commit messages could
be generated as easily as C-x 4 a does for ChangeLog entries. What do
people use for that?); I've attached a patch to change that as well,
but I'm not sure whether it's still properly a TINYCHANGE. Again, it
would be great if you could let me know if there's anything wrong with
it so I can avoid making the same mistake for future contributions.

Thanks!
Pip