Re: [O] [OFF TOPIC] almost giving up on emacs email..looking for advice?

From: Scott Randby
Subject: Re: [O] [OFF TOPIC] almost giving up on emacs email..looking for advice?
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 09:53:46 -0400

On 08/11/2015 08:23 AM, Peter Davis wrote:

2) I need a decent editor for replies. I have not found a
browser-based client that has this.

For me, setting up any of the Emacs email clients to work properly with my various email tasks is a daunting task. This especially true for my work email account which is not a Gmail account. I simply don't have the technical knowledge to get everything working, and I don't have the time to acquire that technical knowledge.

As a result, I use Thunderbird for all of my email and feed reading tasks. Thunderbird is trivial for me to set up, it is very easy to use, and I can still use Emacs for writing and editing email (as I'm doing now) with the External Editor add-on (http://globs.org/).

Scott Randby

3) To bring this somewhat back on topic, I've recently discovered
org capture, and I love the fact that I can capture a note with a
link to a specific email message.  That last feature alone is reason
enough for me.  FWIW, I'm on a Mac, and I generally use Gnu emacs
for editing, programming, etc., and use Aquamacs for running
gnus. This avoids any latency problems, etc.

-pd