Re: [O] [feature request] org-capture-window-setup to stop capture windo

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] [feature request] org-capture-window-setup to stop capture window taking up whole frame
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 09:24:30 +0100

On Monday,  8 Jun 2015 at 16:46, Kaushal wrote:
> `org-capture` does not take up the full frame for me by default; I just
> tried that in an emacs -Q session.

Okay, I have finally found some time to get back to this (been marking
exam scripts, for my sins... ;-).

If the capture template prompts for information, the whole frame is
cleared and only the bare capture buffer is shown in the frame while the
prompts are processed.  This is my main problem: I often want to include
some information from the existing buffers in my org capture and all the
information is hidden just when I want it.

Once the prompts have been answered, the windows shown in the frame
change with the original window present as well as the capture
window.  This is too late.

All of the above confirmed with emacs -Q.

The question, I guess, is why does org-capture need to take over the
whole frame while processing the prompts in the capture template?  If it
needs to display the capture buffer while handling the prompts, why not
display it as it will once the prompts have been processed?

Thanks,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.1, Org release_8.3beta-1216-gb856f6