Re: [O] [feature request] org-capture-window-setup to stop capture windo

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] [feature request] org-capture-window-setup to stop capture window taking up whole frame
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 10:43:55 +0100

On Tuesday,  9 Jun 2015 at 11:22, Alan Schmitt wrote:
> Hello Eric,
>
> On 2015-06-08 17:23, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> as monitors get bigger and bigger, I tend to have lots of (emacs)
>> windows in a frame.  No matter how many I have, org-capture takes over
>> the whole frame which is kind of wasteful.
>
> How about using several frames? For instance I have the following code
> bound globally in my OS:

Thanks for the suggestion.  However, I use ratpoison as my window
manager and, by default, all of my emacs frames are full
screen.  Essentially, I use emacs as a window manager given that I spend
all of my time in Emacs... :)  I have one emacs frame on each monitor (3
of them) and up to 4 windows in each frame depending on what I am doing.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.1, Org release_8.3beta-1154-g6ba251