Re: [O] [feature request] org-capture-window-setup to stop capture windo

From: Kaushal
Subject: Re: [O] [feature request] org-capture-window-setup to stop capture window taking up whole frame
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 16:46:13 +0000

`org-capture` does not take up the full frame for me by default; I just tried that in an emacs -Q session.

Look into `display-buffer-alist` (emacs inbuilt variable) or packages like shackle or popwin for fine control on how you want to create windows when opening buffers.

I do not use shackle for customizing the opening of capture buffers (as it splits windows for me by default) but I do use it to do similar thing for other kinds of buffers.

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 12:38 PM Charles Millar <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

On 06/08/2015 11:23 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as monitors get bigger and bigger, I tend to have lots of (emacs)
> windows in a frame.  No matter how many I have, org-capture takes over
> the whole frame which is kind of wasteful.  Obviously, I can bring up
> any buffer I want while in the capture buffer but it would be nice to
> have control over where and how the capture window is created and
> placed, along the lines of org-src-window-setup and
> org-agenda-window-setup.
That would be nice! Eric, thanks for bringing this up.

> Would such a feature be possible, assuming it is not there already.  I
> have not found the correct variable should it already be there...
>
> Thanks,
> eric

Charlie Millar