Re: [O] Treat custom environment as verbatim on export

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Treat custom environment as verbatim on export
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 11:48:40 +0200

Hi Jacob,

Jacob Gerlach <address@hidden> writes:

> I want to use a one of several custom environments for some babel
> results using, for example, ":wrap myverbatim" as a header argument.
> (Since I have several possible environments, I think I need to use
> :wrap rather than, say, replacing "verbatim" using an export filter).
>
> However, since this block isn't recognized as an actual verbatim
> environment, markup gets processed in undesirable ways.

I remember that you already set custom export for your source blocks.  So
how about just mirroring that?  E.g.

#+BEGIN_SRC sh :exports results :results value code
echo "Hello_world"
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
#+BEGIN_SRC sh
Hello_world
#+END_SRC

BTW: All headers are documented here:

     http://orgmode.org/manual/Specific-header-arguments.html

> - Is there any way I've missed to specify verbatim export as an option
> for an arbitrary block/environment?

The thing is :wrap doesn't play nicely with :results, but I cannot specify
how I expect them to behave.

> - If not, I think that I need a derived exporter to achieve this, but
> the `contents' of a special-block have already had markup transcoded
> by the time the derived backend function sees them. What functions
> would my derived backend need to replace to allow applying verbatim
> formatting to block types of my choosing?

It's a special block, so e.g. org-latex-special-block.  But contents is
already transcoded by the time in arrives to e.g. org-latex-special-block.
To the extend this should be fixed, one way would be to allow a raw option
to special blocks (also needed for e.g. #+{begin,end}_equation) and have
babel insert it as needed.  I don't know how easy this is.

Rasmus

--
I feel emotional landscapes they puzzle me