Re: [O] Possible to use src block to generate org headlines for export?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Possible to use src block to generate org headlines for export?
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 10:07:50 +0200

> But in that case let me return to and refine my proposal:  Why not have
> "drawer" as the default unless "raw" is given?

Probably because "raw" never breaks your document, and is less verbose
in the simplest cases (e.g., a single list, value, table...), which may
be common enough.

Anyway, it should be simple enough to switch to "drawer" as a default in
your setup.

> One could argue, that the extent of the results is implicitly given
> when the results are not "raw", but being explicit here would allow for
> some additional features (such as different background for results -- is
> anyone doing this? I'd be interested).

"raw" doesn't prevent to add a different background, if needed.

> This is the state in org           This is what I'd prefer...
> --8<------start-------->8---       --8<------start-------->8---
>
> #+PROPERTY: results drawer         #+PROPERTY: results drawer
>

> * Test * Test
>
> #+name: dtrn                       #+name: dtrn
> #+begin_src R :exports both        #+begin_src R :exports both
>
>   "hello"                            "hello"
> #+end_src                          #+end_src
>

> #+results: dtrn
> :RESULTS:                          #+begin_results dtrn
>
> hello                              hello
> :END:                              #+end_results

What you prefer is a special block, which is not neutral during export
process. Of course, a "result" block type could be added to Org syntax,
but that would be redundant with drawers.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou