Re: [O] Possible to use src block to generate org headlines for export?

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [O] Possible to use src block to generate org headlines for export?
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 14:05:35 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

> Hello,
>
> Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Is that a valid feature request:
>> Allow the combination of :results raw and :results replace -- regardless
>> of the produced content?
>>
>> IIUC the parser does not allow this right now.  But (without any
>> knowledge on the parser) I can imagine
>> 'special' results drawers that do not have any function/effect other than
>> delimiting babel results (plus possibly folding).
>> If these existed, I would even enable them by default no matter of 'raw'
>> or not.
>
> No matter how special the results drawer is, it cannot (and shouldn't)
> contain headlines.

You are the master of the parser...

> There are a few options to mark raw output even with headlines:
>
>   1. Use text properties to mark the part of the buffer generated by
>      a given source block.  The main drawback is that Org is not just
>      plain text anymore (some information is hidden and cannot be found
>      just looking at the text).
>
>   2. Use comment cookies around the area:
>
>      # Raw Babel Output : src-name (begin)
>      * Some headline
>      # Raw Babel Output : src-name (end)
>
>      This is not very pretty. Also, it may be difficult to handle
>      overlapping changes around the same region.
>
> OTOH, headlines are the only limitation to raw+replace behaviour. Some
> decent workarounds to this problem were offered in this thread. We can
> also live with it.

IIUC, you are saying that raw+replace is possible right now for any
content in the results (other than headlines), if the results are in a
drawer?

Then, my follow-up question is simply, why are drawers not the default
for results, then?  Is there any drawback (apart from an additional
line)?

Regards,
Andreas