Re: [O] Possible to use src block to generate org headlines for export?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Possible to use src block to generate org headlines for export?
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 10:31:44 +0200

Hello,

Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:

> Is that a valid feature request:
> Allow the combination of :results raw and :results replace -- regardless
> of the produced content?
>
> IIUC the parser does not allow this right now.  But (without any
> knowledge on the parser) I can imagine
> 'special' results drawers that do not have any function/effect other than
> delimiting babel results (plus possibly folding).
> If these existed, I would even enable them by default no matter of 'raw'
> or not.

No matter how special the results drawer is, it cannot (and shouldn't)
contain headlines.

There are a few options to mark raw output even with headlines:

  1. Use text properties to mark the part of the buffer generated by
     a given source block.  The main drawback is that Org is not just
     plain text anymore (some information is hidden and cannot be found
     just looking at the text).

  2. Use comment cookies around the area:

     # Raw Babel Output : src-name (begin)
     * Some headline
     # Raw Babel Output : src-name (end)

     This is not very pretty. Also, it may be difficult to handle
     overlapping changes around the same region.

OTOH, headlines are the only limitation to raw+replace behaviour. Some
decent workarounds to this problem were offered in this thread. We can
also live with it.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou